The Knocknarea Arena at IT Sligo is the ideal venue in the North West or Ireland for your event.
From exhibitions and conferences to association meetings, congresses, corporate launches and AGMs, the Arena has the flexibility to be a truly memorable venue in a stunning location, which will leave a lasting impression on your delegates and visitors.
It has a proven track record of hosting international class music and entertainment events with a high acoustic quality that great music deserves.
The Arena is also ideally suited to holding several parallel events. You can partition it into smaller, acoustically-discreet sections, which can host several different events under one roof, with easy access to the rest of the venue.
The Knocknarea as a Conference Arena
- A large-scale ground floor exhibition space
- Easy access (Wheelchair friendly)
- 800 car park spaces outside main arena entrance
- Cutting-edge conference equipment: The Knocknarea Arena will help ensure presentations pack a visual punch by providing a range of high-end technical equipment.
Fast, reliable Wi-fi and ethernet internet access.
163-bedroom 4*Clarion Hotel is situated adjacent to the IT Sligo campus – and other Sligo City Centre hotels are also within walking distance/a short drive away.
High quality self-catering student accommodation available during the summer months
- 130-seater dining area upstairs. IT Sligo’s 600-seater main restaurant on campus is also within walking distance of the arena. Both facilities have access to IT Sligo’s contracted professional catering teams.
- Recent conferences/exhibitions at the Knocknarea Arena include:
The National Coaching Forum (Irish Sports Council)
North West Wedding Expo
The North West Home & Motor Show.
The Knocknarea as an Entertainment Arena
- Concert seating capacity of 1,200, standing capacity of 1,650.
- Venue layout and décor ensures international standard acoustic quality
- Annual host venue for the Sligo Live Indie & Roots Music Festival
- Recent concerts: Jools Holland and his Rhythm & Blues Orchestra, The Waterboys, Sheryl Crow, Shane Filan, Van Morrison.
- Host venue for the All-Ireland Fleadh Céilí Bands finals (2014 & 2015)
- IT Sligo Graduation venue each year (1600 students conferred).
The Knocknarea as a Sports Arena
- A multi-purpose sports hall, which can be divided into two full sized basketball courts/5-a-side soccer courts
- 32-station fitness centre
- Multi-purpose studio, which is easily adapted for a seminar/workshop room and equipped for high-end IT requirements
- Six large modern dressing-rooms
- 130-seater fully-equipped catering space
Recent indoor sports events include:
- National Gymnastics Championships
- National Juvenile Kickboxing Finals
- National Intervarsities Futsal Championships
- Floodlit IAAF standard 400m athletics arena
- UEFA certified 3G Astro Pitch – can be divided into three sections to provide for multiple needs and sports: soccer, rugby, GAA, hockey etc.
- Full size floodlight playing pitches for GAA, soccer and rugby
Recent outdoor sports events include:
- The Umbro Cup Intervarsity’s All Ireland Soccer Finals
- International U21 Soccer Training with the Irish, German and Italian International Soccer Teams
- National Underage Track & Field Championships
- Connacht Community Games finals