Free & 90% Funded Programmes under Springboard Initiative
The Springboard initiative is now open for applicants commencing programmes in September 2018 and all applicants can now receive funding towards their programme whether in employment or actively seeking employment.
The Springboard programme remains free for those who are unemployed and all programmes at level 6 are fully funded for all applicants whether employed or unemployed. In addition, this year Springboard will also pay 90% of the fees for applicants who are in employment and wishing to upskill on all programmes from level 7 to Masters level 9.
The eligibility criteria for Springboard+ 2018 have been updated to include the following:
1. Those in receipt of an eligible payment from the Department of Social Protection, and the formerly self-employed (i.e. as per previous years).
- People not in receipt of a payment from the Department of Social Protection that have been out of the work environment for a number of years due to childcare or other caring obligations and have a previous history of employment but may require upskilling, reskilling or cross-skilling to transition back to the workforce (Returners)
- People in employment who wish to upskill or reskill to meet a specific emerging skills gap.
Springboard+ 2018 has funded programmes in all sectors of the economy, which have demonstrated a skills shortage.
The IT Sligo programmes funded for 2018 include the following:
School of Science
|*L6 Cert. in Biopharma Processing|
|L7 Cert. in Biopharma Processing|
|L7 Cert. in Bioprocessing Engineering|
|L8 Med Tech Regulatory Affairs|
|*L9 Cert. in Biopharmaceutical Science|
|*L9 Cert. in Quality Analytics for Biopharma|
For programmes marked with an asterisk applications are submitted to the provider NIBRT on the Springboard platform.
School of Engineering & Design
|L8 Higher Diploma in Science in Computing (1 year)|
|**L8 Higher Diploma in Science in Computing (2 year)|
|L8 Cert. in Software Development|
|L8 Cert. in Computer Networks & Cloud Infrastructure|
|L8 Cert. in Secure IT & Deep Machine Learning|
The ** Higher Diploma in Science in Computing delivered over two years is only available to those in employment.
|L6 Cert. in Mechanical Analysis & Automation|
|L6 Cert. in Validation Technologies|
|L6 Cert. in Quality Assurance|
|L7 Cert. in Lean Sigma Quality (Six Sigma Green Belt)|
|L9 Cert. in Sensors for Autonomous Vehicles|
These Online learning programmes are designed for students who want to study part-time at a pace that matches their work-life balance. Through a combination of online delivery technologies comprising the web- casting of live lectures over the internet as well as access to high quality recordings, IT Sligo is to the forefront of emerging breakthroughs in the delivery and assessment of online students.
Why Choose an IT Sligo Springboard+ 2018 Programme?
IT Sligo provides:
- Excellent lecturers who not only have the academic expertise, but also have an abundance of practical industry experience.
- A dedicated Springboard Co-ordinator who is available to assist you through your programme at IT Sligo.
IT Sligo operates a Centre for Online Learning (COL), which means you as the learner, will be their primary focus throughout your time as an online student at IT Sligo. COL is to the forefront in bring state-of-the-art technologies to bear in online learning through its on-going research in this area.
All Springboard students will avail of specific job-readiness training. This training will include developing career plans, CV and application preparation, interview skills, engaging with employers and undergoing individual career coaching.
The benefits of IT Sligo Online Learning Programmes include the following:
- Reduced total costs with minimal travel and overnight stays.
- Improved quality of life for learners with less disruption of home and work life.
- Access to a wider range of courses than available in their own locality.
- 24/7 accessibility and improved convenience where learners can carry out their learning at a time that suits them best.
- Access to expert knowledge from subject-matter experts around the world.
- Your schedule designed by you.
All applications must be made through the Springboard website www.springboardcourses.ie
You can find out more about the Springboard initiative, including the full information on eligibility criteria and how to apply for your chosen course on the Springboard site www.springboardcourses.ie.
For further information on IT Sligo Springboard courses contact firstname.lastname@example.org