The examinations regulations can be viewed here and all students should take time to read through these before the start of exams. Please note that all students need to bring their student card/valid ID with them to all examinations and to be present at the examination venue 30 minutes prior to the start of the examination.
Please note that the timetable is subject to change so please check it daily.
The timetable will not be changed to suit individuals personal requirements.
The Examinations office will accept no responsibility for students who have missed an update to the timetable.
Directions to Location for above Exams Locations
Knocknarea Arena located at the end of the Apprentice car park.
Hume Hall is located in the Students Union building (upstairs from Shop)
Rooms: Rooms with prefix of B/D are located in the Business and Humanities block. Rooms with prefix of E are located in the Engineering block. Rooms with prefix J are behind the student services building
Labs: Labs with prefix of B/D are located in the Business and Humanities block. Labs with prefix of E are located in the Engineering block
Dublin Venue is Red Cow Moran Hotel, Naas Road, Dublin 22, 22YX80
Cork Venue is Marine Institute, Ringaskiddy, Cork, P43XV65
Sligo Venue for Online Exams is Knocknarea Arena unless otherwise stated.
- Be present at the examination venue 30 minutes prior to the start of the examination.
- The examinations regulations can be viewed under Documents and Policies, and all students should take time to read through these before the start of examinations.
- Please note that all students need to bring their student ID card with them to all examinations. Students who do not have a valid ID will NOT be permitted to enter the exam hall. If you have lost or misplaced your ID card, you need to get a replacement card before the start of your first examination. If this is not possible then you will need to bring current Photographic ID eg Passport/Driving Licence.
Dates for the Examination periods are contained in the Academic Calendar which you can find in your Student Handbook.
The exam periods for 2018/19 are as follows:
- Semester One Examinations: 4th – 16th January 2019
- Semester Two Examinations: 10th – 22nd May 2019
- Autumn Examinations: 15th – 30th August 2019
Special Considerations for Examinations
If you require special accommodations for your exams, you need to fill in the Special Needs Request Form. Please note that requests must be submitted initially to the Access Office for approval and they will then be forwarded by the Access Office to the Examinations Office for processing. You can send your Special Needs Request Form by email to email@example.com or by returning a paper copy to the Access Office (leave it in the Access Post Box in Admissions).
Special Needs Accomodations past this date may not be possible.
Download : Special Needs Request Exam Form