Welcome to the I.T. Sligo Medical Service
The Student Medical Service provides care to registered students of I.T. Sligo on campus. The medical information on this site is provided as an information resource only, and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes.
The Medical Service operates a drop in system on a ‘First Come, First Served’ basis.
Mon-Thurs 9.00 am – 4.00 pm
Friday 9.00 am – 2.00 pm
Location: The Student Health Service is located on the ground floor of the Student Centre, beside the SU shop.
Tel: 071 93 05463 or 071 93 05205 or 087 9961873 (Emergencies Only)
Fee: The nursing, medical and counselling services are free to students.
Making an Appointment
The Medical Service operates on an appointment basis. If you would like to make an appointment , please contact:
- The Health Service reception desk in person with your student card.
For more information, please contact:
- The Student Health Service reception desk on 071 93 05463,
- Email email@example.com or
- Call to Reception during office hours.
It should be noted that students who fail to attend a scheduled medical appointment without cancelling will be charged €20 and will not be issued another appointment until the fine has been paid.
Out of Office Hours Medical Care
Students requiring emergency medical care out of hours and at the weekends can access the Student Emergency Medical Clinic at a fee (€50.00). Details of the Doctor on call can be got by calling 071-9142550.
Accidents and Medical Emergencies on campus during office hours
Please call 087 9961873 for an emergency appointment with the Nurse or alternatively contact 071 91 55333.
Advice for Attending
- Drop in as early as possible.
- Call if you need to cancel. A fee of €20 euros applies for students who do not attend their scheduled Doctors appointment without cancelling giving at least an hours notice.
- Doctors appointments not kept will not be rescheduled.
- All medical letters, prescriptions etc must be collected between 10:00am and 12:00pm.
- Remember to seek repeat prescriptions at least a week before your medication runs out.
- Accidents and medical emergencies will always be given priority.
The Student Medical Service is available to all full time registered students and apprentices during office hours throughout the academic year. The Student Health Service aims to provide a confidential student friendly service with a particular attention to preventative medicine, health promotion, and healthy lifestyles and mindset. The service is not intended to replace your own GP. It is a complimentary health care provider that is intended to provide you with acute care during the week when it is not possible to attend your own GP.
- Student Medical Service medical records are confidential and will not be passed to another source without the student’s consent.
- Students with a chronic condition, disorder or disability which may require specific support or monitoring are advised to make themselves known to the Student Health Service as soon as possible after registration so appropriate care can be planned.
Meet Our Medical & Counselling Team
Our Nursing Team
Our Medical Doctor Team
A doctor is available onsite every afternoon by appointment. Appointment for the doctors must be made after you have been assessed by the Nurse.
Student Health Service Administrator
Launch of ePUB
To see the effects of alcohol to you, to others or to simply see how much you spend on alcohol in a year, click on the ePUB logo. e-PUB is an evidence based tool and is not sponsored or supported by the drinks industry, so it can “get to the parts that other sites can’t reach”.
If you or a friend are in danger in relation to alcohol, please see our services listed below or list of available services mentioned in ePUB