Additionally to our acute medical and nursing service, the Student Health Services provides registered students access to a range of clinics in I.T. Sligo. They are free of charge; all you have to do is make an appointment.
Flu Vaccine Clinic
You should seriously consider receiving the flu vaccination if you are:
- Aged 65 and over
- Have a long-term health condition such as Heart Disease, Liver Disease, Respiratory disease, Down syndrome, Diabetes,
- If you are morbidly obesity,
- Pregnant women (vaccine can be given at any stage of pregnancy)
- Healthcare workers
- Residents of nursing homes and other long stay institutions
- Carers (the main carers of those in the at risk groups)
- People with regular contact with pigs, poultry or water fowl (HSE, 2016)
Sexual Health Clinic ( Based in the GUM Clinic SUH)
The S.T.I clinic is a free sexual health service offering screening, diagnosis and treatment for sexually transmitted disease/infections. This clinic is intended for those wanting a routine appointment however if you have any usual symptoms please present directly to see the Nurse today in the Student Health Service.
Cryotherapy is an effective treatment to remove surface skin lesions such as warts, verrucas and skin tags. It involves using a method of localized freezing temperatures to deaden an irritated nerve/wart/skin tag etc. It is completely pain free and can be used on most areas of the body.
Free Eyetest Appointments Available in Student Health Centre. Alternatively we can arrange an appointment anytime in our Wine Street practice. IT Sligo Student Offers still apply.
- Free Eyetest
- Free SV Lenses
- 1/2 Price on Anti Refective lenses
- Free Contact Lense Trial
- Frames start E69, E99 or Designer Range E139
- Free Budget range on Medical Card.
Smoking Cessation Clinic
I.T. Sligo make referrals for students to the Smoking Cessation Clinic in Sligo General Hospital. Tracey Flood is the HSE officer based in the hospital. Contact her on 1850 200 687 or email: Tracey.firstname.lastname@example.org or go online to www.quit.ie
FixYouPhysio in Partnership with ITSligo – Physio Services include:
- Sports Injuries & Repetitive Strain Injury treatment
- Muscle & Tendon Injury treatment
- Musculoskeletal Dry Needling
- Soft Tissue & Sports Massage
** 50% Student Discount ** 25euro
** 20% Staff Discount ** 40euro
Scheduling an Appointment
To schedule a consultation/appointment with any of the nurses at the Student Health Services, please contact us by going to the health service reception desk . Don’t forget your student card.
For further information, contact 071 93 05463 or email email@example.com